Application Requirements and Eligibility
D-REAL seeks applications from talented graduates to join our exciting PhD training programme. As part of this application you will be asked to complete five sections:
- This section which includes your Personal Details
- Academic Track Record, including details of your Bachelor’s and (optionally) Master’s degrees
- Further Track Record, including details on other education, research achievements, technical skills/achievements and work experience
- Personal Statement, which allows you to describe your motivation for pursuing a PhD degree in digitally enhanced reality (Max 3000 characters)
- PhD Topic Preferences, where you will be asked to rank your preferred PhD proposal(s). Details of available topics may be found here
The minimum requirements for entry into the programme are:
- 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, maths, engineering or similar technical discipline. Other qualifications in disciplines related to listed PhD topics will also be considered.
- Strong programming ability.
- Non-native English speakers require at least IELTS 6.5 (with at least 6 in all components) or equivalent.
Each student who is admitted to this programme will receive a full scholarship to undertake a four year structured PhD programme. This scholarship comprises full payment of university fees for four years and a tax-free stipend of €18,500 per annum for four years. In addition, a budget for equipment, travel, and training is provided.
Applications are still open.