- Lead Applicant: Prof. Carol O’Sullivan, Professor of Visual Computing and Head of the School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin (TCD).
- Prof. Vincent Wade, Chair of Computer Science (1990) and Professor of Artificial Intelligence at Trinity College Dublin (TCD), and founding Director of the SFI ADAPT centre for Digital Content Technology
- Prof. Julie Berndsen, Professor of Computational Linguistics and Speech Technology at University College Dublin (UCD).
- Prof. Alan Smeaton, Professor of Computing at Dublin City University (DCU) and founding Director of the SFI INSIGHT Centre for Data Analytics.
- Prof. Peter Corcoran, Professor of Electronic Engineering at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG) and Director of the Centre for Computational, Connected & Cognitive Imaging (C3I).
- Prof. John D. Kelleher, Academic Leader of the Information, Communication, and Entertainment (ICE) Research Institute at the Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT).
Multimodal digital media, across video, text, image, speech and Virtual/Augmented Reality (VR/AR) content, are rapidly reshaping our working and living environments. Seamlessly blending digital media and interaction within the physical world offers disruptive potential to Read more…